9 Insights
  1. uuummmm nope...don't like it...Like the idea of the scroll borders..but too much for the eyes...can you make the text area wider..and remove the black/white background? Takes up Too much screen real estate....

    Love the pics of you and Brooke!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  2. A definite improvement! But before the page had loaded completely, I just saw the header logo (which is lovely!) and the scroll borders with no background (just white) and that looked awesome too!

    I don't think the text area should be wider but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. LOVE. IT. Gorgeous! I just re-did my sewing blog (simply-sewing.blogspot.com) design last night (okay, I used a template I found online...), and it's a pretty similar color scheme - green, cream, black. But anyway, I just joined your site as a follower so I wasn't familiar enough with the last layout to do a comparison, but I really love the current design. I think it fits the content of the blog very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, as I looked down the page and saw familiar posts, I remembered what the blog used to look like!

    I definitely like the new design better. Before, the posting area was quite wide (maybe it was just my computer; my screen is basically a "widescreen"/16:9 ratio) which made posts a bit difficult to read. The new layout is prettier, more navigable, and just... better. Plus it kinda looks like fabric that might be used for an 18th century gown. I say stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great. I'm all for blog improvements (and a big fan of Shabby Blogs!), so I think this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon (aka I'm assuming my Mom? Who else signs 'me'...): No I can't. It's a template that I don't really see any manipulation to play with when I look at it. I like the idea of the scrolls, but I'm a bit irritated that it blocks some of the script, but there's nothing I can do about it as far as I can see. However if you would like to make me a template to use that is similar to this I would be more than happy to use it. :) <3

    Madame De Berg: Tack! (hehe) I like the header too, it took me a little bit to figure out how to actually get my title in the damn thing, but nothing a little 'Paint' couldn't fix!

    Costume Queen: Thank you! I also thought that the original blog was a bit too wide..I was never fully content with it. On my other blog I use the Minima Stretch template, but it works much better on that kind of blog than a 'theme' blog. I just joined your blog, and so I will be blog stalking you very shortly.. :D

    American Duchess: Thanks! Yeah MMinCairo got me going on this and I ended up spending my morning fiddling on shabby blogs and their templates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, leave it to a web design professor to be the only one not to like it! I like the title/border. But on my screen the border lays on top of your blog. I like the green background color..but when I opened the blog on my office computer..I got a black/white pattern behind the green..and that was way too much. I really do like the border...but it just lays on words on the left hand side (on a classroom computer)....sorry to be a downer...
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom: hahahahaha I figured you wouldn't like it. You're a pure minimalist designer at heart! Yes I don't like that the border hovers over my script, but I don't think I can fix that due to the way the whole thing is set up. You're not a downer, no worries! However overall with the header and the colors I find the blog to be much more visually appealing. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I of course love your new look Abby...especially since I almost used this background for myself!

    I am so glad my waste of the morning adjusting my blog was a benefit to you!

    Thanks to Costume Queen & American Duchess for the inspiration. I first tried to templates suggested by CQ but just couldn't get one to work right for me and checked out shabbyblogs.com since AD's page looked so good.

    I did eventually do some sewing myself...finished the blasted petticoat hem...

    ReplyDelete