A Christmas 'Meme' (?) Survey..thingy..
I got this from Lauren at the Lady of Portland House...I feel like I should write something here even though I don't have any sewing projects going on at the moment... :)
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I also agree with Lauren, I prefer Apple Cider....with Apple Brandy.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Umm..he did a bit of both...one time he left a foot print and some fairy dust behind. Messy old man. I liked my barbie car though, so I wont complain. :)
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? I'm a colored lights person, but I have a feeling my next christmas will be white lights...thanks to a certain someone...
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I've had too many weird encounters with old men at christmas party who use it as a chance to be skeezy.
5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? Um usually around the first weekend of December. Again...this might be changed against my will next year...grr.
6. Favorite holiday dish? My mom's cinnamon rolls she makes in the morning..or the cookies I make. :)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Read about Santa's messy visit. I got a Barbie Corvette...I still remember that Christmas and I was like 3. It. Was. Awesome.
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was like 10 or 11 and a friend told me about Santa because she found out and was sworn not to tell her little sister, but I she could tell me. That christmas sucked, and my mom is still ticked about it, and it's like 12 years later.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. I would go over to my biological father's family's house then and also my parents and I would open up a few before going to bed...it's always fun that way...spaces Christmas out..I dig it.
10. How do you decorate a tree? It's very 1950s. Especially this year when we got a new tree that has these LED lights that look really old school...and then we drape old beads, popcorn, and old family ornaments on the tree...it really tells a story...then mom and I hang a lot of garland & wreaths everywhere, nutcrackers, and elves, etc. Next year Fredrik and I will have Advent stars and candles, wreaths and garland...I love how green homes get...
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I dig it...but people really need to learn how to drive.
12. Can you ice skate? ...ehh...it's been a while...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Um, this is a bit tricky because there are some gifts that really stick out in my mind, but right now I would have to say my full size portrait of Jane Seymour the 3rd wife of Henry VIII. She hangs next to my bed, and I just love it because my mom totally surprised me...Jane will be with me until she falls apart..which shouldn't be any time in the next 25 to 50 years. :)
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Family, love, and the beauty of giving. We've become a greedy society and I think we need to focus on giving love...this season can really help promote that. It also is a great way to celebrate the end of darkness (The solstice) and the year. It's magical.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My cookies! :D
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Umm there are loads..but mostly just how magical Christmas morning is...taking our time and enjoying the moment...it's always over so quickly..it's great making it last as long as possible.
17. What tops your tree? We used to have a nature angel..but right now there is nothing, and we'll probably keep it that way..
18. Which do you prefer-Giving or Receiving? Giving, I love love love it..I get so excited..!!!!
19. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
20. Candy Canes-Yuck or Yum? I dig them
21. Favorite Christmas show? Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol, A Muppet's Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story, all the Rankin-Bass christmas specials..except a couple..like the little drummer boy.
22. Saddest Christmas song? The Christmas Shoes, I hate that song. (Lauren wrote this and I have to agree..I HATE THIS DAMN SONG!) There is also one that is about running into an old flame and splitting a 6 pack in a car...I do not support Yuletide Drunk Driving...and the song's stupid.
Also, if anyone resposts this, let me know so I can read!
Happy Holidays everyone!!!