4 Insights
  1. That dress is so cute! I love it!!

    Like you, I also sew mainly historical clothing. I tried to sew something modern once - a jumper or something - and it didn't turn out. Since then I've been very wary of making modern stuff. Funny, because historical outfits are so much more complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    I am the same way about historical clothing...it should be more difficult and complicated, but I guess since there are no such things as zippers, and sewing machines, and finished insides, then there's less stress, you know? One can wing a historical piece in a sense...and not a modern dress.

    I do recommend this simplicity pattern, the directions were sooo clear! I'm a officially a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. I love the print and the cut is perfect.

    I have never sewed a modern piece. I have never had a desire to sew anything "practical". I guess I just can't get out of my 18th century sewing phase :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - that is such a pretty dress and it suits you very well! Lovely :)

    What pattern was it? My biggest trouble with choosing modern patterns is that I always find the diagrams/illustrations quite uninspiring; they never make it seem that the finished product will look that great (to me, anyway).

    Great job! And I envy you your zipping!

    ReplyDelete