5 Insights
  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, looks like a great trip! Funny - your pics taken out of the car window remind me very much of my pics taken out of a car window in the mountains of the UAE - I wouldn't have expected the two to look so similar.

    And congrats to Mr F on his Masters! (Would it be an MSc?) AND WEEEEEE for June!

    (On a side note - was jokingly saying that I should move to Sweden after I realised how massively unrepresentative our electoral system is (me=horrified) and Sweden is number one on the Democracy Index thing, as well as equality (yay) and high or number one for quality of life, etc... Now I'm starting to think I actually should go there... and not JUST because of all the 18th century events we hear about on the Historical Sewing Forum ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren: I did! It was beautiful! I think the next place I want to go is Oregon or Washington, of course that wont be for a while though... :)

    GWT- That's really interesting how NM and the UAE look so similar..where we were was northern desert area or something so it was a mix of the classic idea of the American desert and green. That's really cool. Yes, Fredrik will have an MSc now in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering...

    I totally understand the appeal of Sweden, but it isn't without it's challenges...language being the major..and also the UK has so many fantastic museums one can work at...I'm just hoping that I will eventually find something in my field in Linköping. :) But I am going to enjoy the hell out of their health care, that's for sure. :)

    It sucks about the election, I was fairly competent in British politics until I moved back to America. They covered the election, but not as much as I think was necessary...and on top of that, we don't even get Eurovision.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linköping? That's where you're moving!? Oh my, that's not far from Örebro at all (that's where I live)! Hope we'll be seing eachother at events and stuff! If I ever get an outfit ready that is! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuchsia, oh how exciting! I'm hoping to get more and more involved in different events. Plus, F seems willing. :) If you ever want some 18th or early 19th century draping done, etc. Let me know! I would LOVE the practice! (After you finish your other project of course. ;) )

    ReplyDelete