11 Insights
  1. Welcome!

    I too, avoid "sill" in all shapes. Smoked salmon, though- yummy!

    If you plan anything Stockholm related this summer, then there are 18th century weeks at Skansen in July. Culminatingg in the last weeked of the month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hapy Midsommar! Hope you have a great time and glad to hear the move has gone well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it :-) Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe and sound is a good thing. Happy Midsommar! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! Moving is so hard but the adventure begins. I think it is wonderful that you get to travel and live in global world. Keep us posted with pics and updates. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great midsommar - they can be... interesting, even to us Swedes!

    And welcome to gamla Sverige, drop me a line if you happen to pass by Stockholm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyyyy!!!! It's so wonderful you made it here. We totally have to meet up. I'll drop you a mail.

    Did you enjoy sill? The senapsill is pretty tasty but not at the top of my cravings list, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcoming wishes! :) I'm currently on a bus to stockholm enjoying the free wireless as Fredrik dozes next to me. We have 3 friends with us and we'll be in Stockholm until Saturday. I'm excited as this is the longest I will have spent in the city. I hope my fundings can survive. ;)

    I'll post more as my life calms down a bit and I can see my apartment through the vast array of boxes, etc.

    Isis- is it strictly 18th century for Skansen or are people also doing early 1800s?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for being so late in answeing- I'm on vacation and have löimited online access. This particular event is only 18th century. It's devoted to the 18th century poet and songwriter Carl Michael Bellman, who died well before the start of the 19th century. There are more information at "Kalendarium" at Gustafs Skål's webpage:

    http://www.gustafsskal.se/

    It is, of course, prefectly possible to go to Skansen in modern clothes and just enjoy it. I recommend a visit to Skansen anyway!

    Thank you for the award! I will talk about it properly when I'm home again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun blog! I have never been to Sweden but it is on my list. Have you been to Belgium?

    ReplyDelete