6 Insights
  1. Oh so cute! and congratulations on the housewarming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Great dress and great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you look lovely. One thing that I learned from a very wise seamstress is that you always want your darts to end one half to three quarters of an inch from the peak of your nipple. Also, when sewing darts, never backstitch the point. Run one stitcch on the edge of the fabric,and one stitch off then tie a square knot with the thread ends. This also will keep darts looking invisible rather thanprominent. If you already know these things, I am sorry to repeat them to you, but I alway love those little "aha!" moments I get when I figure out the why of something and love helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice Leslie, as I wrote I don't have experience with darts. I learned how to sew on 18th century gowns which do not have darts, so it's all a learning process with me. It also doesn't help that I royally screwed up the front bodice piece anyways, so a lot of things were off. :) I'll keep your advice in mind and use it next time I'm making darts, cause it was really weird at times to have the..um..perkiness issue. ;)

    ReplyDelete