5 Insights
  1. Ooooh, ouch! This may be too graphic, but I once managed to put a needle through my hand...at a reenactment. I fell on the top of my pincushion, and the angle was just so...anyway. I feel your pain, fellow historical stitching injury sufferer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun. The joys of pins and needles. I guess it is the hazard of our trade :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rowenna...you win. My hands have sympathy pains as we speak. My rear has a lot more cushion than a hand does. Owey Owey Owey...


    Lauren...I think that's the sick part, is that I thought it was hilarious . The whole idea that I just had several pins attached to me was strangely awesome. I'm so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was having a really slow grudging day and this revelation of yours, although painful at the time gave me a smile that is lasting now for several hours. It reminded me of a 'I forgot to...' . To this day my father will not let me come close to his bed with any sewing of any kind. Yep, sitting on the end of Dad's bed sewing and watching TV with Mom - (this happened about 25 years ago) and was taking pins out and putting them in the bed - thinking, 'oh, I will take them out' Dad came home I got up took sewing with me and not the pins. He got in bed and I never heard the end of it. We laugh about it now. So, here's to us - who tend to forget where we lay our sharp instruments. Cheers - I hope your nether region is healed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, ouch, ouch! And yet I have to laugh.

    ReplyDelete