5 Insights
  1. I love those surviving buttonholes! Seeing them help me appreciate even more the importance of great handmade buttonholes! Everything looks fascinating but thanks for sharing the buttonholes specifically.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lahbluebonnet: You are more than welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Phil's talk was OUTSTANDING. I'm really looking forward to further research that is coming from the shipwreck.

    Archeology and Textile-high. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fascinating! I had not realised that about fichus - not that I'd ever used it, but now I know not to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have heard from all what a fantastic event this was. When we were in Williamsburg, we did get to see a lot in the De Witt. We wish we could have been there for this, but hope to go to another in the future~ We have heard and seen much about the shipwreck years ago. What a thrill it must have been to see these things 'in person'!
    http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete