6 Insights
  1. Aw! I'm glad it went well! My ears were itching the other day...that must've been you talkin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well for you! And don't worry about the typos. That kind of thing happens to everyone. Even academics at universities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I thought your talk was fantastic, and made a very unique (and necessary) contribution to the other papers read Thursday and Friday. I only wished you had more than 25 minutes because it sounded like you had a prodigious amount of survey results and materials that never made it into your final presentation that I'd have enjoyed hearing. Do you plan to publish some of your paper or your findings on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AmDuch: I wouldn't be surprised, I actually made the audience go "ooh" or some similar audible when I told them about the fact I think your shoes will sell out or sell really well, all because you're a blogger.

    Hana: Thanks, I'm just worried I did Susan's name wrong mostly because she was in the audience, and she's lovely, and she was super helpful to me. It would just make me feel a bit like an idiot. Because I just adore her now, especially after meeting her.

    Rebecca: Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have TONS to talk about, and 25 minutes was REALLY hard to cut down. I had to lose a LOT of information even from what I minimally put in. I am planning on trying to get it published/put some on my blog soon. In continuation of the copyright issue, of course, it's a concern for me to put a lot of the information on here. However, there are some things I can talk about that apply more to blogs than museums, and so, for that, I will put it on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby, it was so lovely to meet you last week! I look forward to being able to take your published research to my boss and make a solid, academic case for a blog :) You will let us know when you succeed in getting it into print, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie: It was great meeting you too! I'll be sure to let everyone know what happens in regards to publishing. I'm new to all of that stuff, so I quite don't know what to do next. I've had some very helpful input from some people so I'm going to have to investigate my options to see what's best. Hopefully, it will happen sooner rather than later. :)

    Good luck with everything for you as well, I hope I get to talk to you soon! (In fact, I'm going to fb stalk you as we speak...) :) :)

    ReplyDelete