31 Insights
  1. A camera with unlimited battery and memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I might be the first! If I could go back in time and bring one thing with me it would be mascara. I seriously could not live without it, I have invisible eyelashes! Love your blog, btw, keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Abby!

    My answer is not strictly costume-related, but I have to be honest: if I were to go back in time, I'd bring toilet paper. :-)

    See you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of money to buy lots of dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Keep up the good work! Let me see... I'd take ibuprofen. I get way too many headaches to be without it. And how prosaic is that? :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you!!! I'm almost at that magic number myself, it's pretty exciting.

    I've got two answers. The practical answer is I would take my medications with me, so as not to die. But in a world where time travel cures all ills, I would bring a video camera so I could record all the awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - I'd have to bring my glasses so I could clearly SEE all the fascinating things I could see if I were traveling back in time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Sign me up :)

    I would bring a camera that never runs out of batteries and an unlimited sd card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the trip is longer than a month...sorry, I'd bring tampons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I was going back permanently, I'd bring a pair of really good tweezers. Handy things they are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to say toilet paper, but someone had been thinking in the same way. Awesome!

    Sooo I'll settle with a cigarette lighter. Not for lighting cigarettes, but for all sort of other things. Plus people will think I'm a magician. or a witch,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratz on your 100!

    My answer to the questions: tampons.

    Yep. I'm with Vanessa.

    Tampons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband. I can learn to do without a lot and bear a lot, and I think I have the brains and ingenuity to 'make do', but I would not want to live in any time period without him...
    http://anhistoricallady,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you know you have 153 people who subscribe to your RSS through Google Reader? There are a lot more folks reading than probably have signed up as followers.

    As for going back in time.. it would totally differ if i get to come back or if I am stuck there forever, if I am stuck forever I'd bring reading material, if only for a short amount of time, definitely a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would bring a toothbrush and toothpaste. I count that as one item!

    Congrats on having 100+ followers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It would depend on if I was staying there or just visiting. If staying, my interchangeable knitting needles. If visiting, a comfy pair of sneakers (tennis shoes).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd bring you. Or I would certainly be cast out of all good society and end up in a whore house or jail or be hung/burned/pressed to death as a witch if that was happening in the period of time I was sent back to. I think I'm proving that I'm your least historically inclined follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woot - congratulations on 100 followers (very smart people, they are too! ;) ).

    As for what I'd take back with me ... It's a toughy ... I think it's got to be a notebook and unlimited-ink biro - I love how dip-pen writing looks, but it's far too slow for me - I'd have so much to write about the experience that I'd want to be able to get it down as quickly as possible, so I could return to the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have to bring, depending on how far back, a good pen and/or pencils to take notes on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Back in time, hmm. Pondering...paper and pencil in endless supply.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulation!

    I would go for a camera too! I think I rather bring something back, though- fabrics, fabrics, fabrics. :) And some lace. And ribbons. And... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't decide - camera with unlimited battery and memory sounds like a good idea, toilet paper sounds like a good idea (of course, that depends on how far back you're going - but hearing stories about communism in my country, I might need it then, too), paper and pens/pencils sounds like a good idea...
    But I'm shy photographing people, so I probably wouldn't use the camera on dresses anyway - it would have to be one of those tiny spy cameras for me not to feel (and be!) conspicuous.
    So, maybe... a tiny spy camera?

    And congratulations on your 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!

    I would take my sweetheart with me because I would love to share this sort of adventure with him.
    I would bring back as much fabric, lace and other dress related things that I could carry ;)

    /L

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehe great question, well if I'm traveling I would bring my traveling bag with the little travel sized products! I think I could manage quite well without modern conviences but if I could bring something I totaly would. I wouldn't want to come back though... definitely one of those should have been born in a different era people! Congrats on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd bring a fake letter of introduction from abroad so I could immediately enter into respectable circles and not end up in the gutter. Gross.

    Congratulations on 100 followers! Although, I suspect its a much higher number than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats!

    I'd have to go with motrin - it's good for migraines AND monthly cramps!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can deal with pretty much any hygeine-related complaint...but I have to have my contacts and solution. Sorry, I'm not going to deal with glasses frames sliding down my nose!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, 100 people! Congrats!

    I think I'd probably take something ridiculously practical, like one of those "How to Make 100 Common Household Appliances Without Electricity" kind of books that would enable me to construct a flush toilet and a solar clock radio. You know, the sorts of things that would get me burned as a witch?

    ReplyDelete
  29. definitely a tough question! i think i'd want a /hidden/ video camera so that i don't look too out of place! and probably reproduction money so that i wouldn't starve or find myself without lodging...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats!

    Okay, mine is totally ridiculous. I would want to take my cell to call my mom and friends and gush about being in the middle of history.

    More practically I would take a penicillin culture. Beat those historic germs into submission.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'd bring a time machine to get me back home! I love learning about the past, but I sure wouldn't want to get stuck there!

    ReplyDelete