16 Insights
  1. Congratulations on your apprenticeship!

    I wish you all the best and hope I get to see glipses of your future adventures as a mantua-maker to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best - I'm hoping to visit Williamsburg while you are apprenticed. I will try to stop and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best! I hope to visit Williamsburg soon and will stop by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you! Thanks for all of the blogging; and yes, post tenebrus lux, after the trials comes the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations! I am SO happy for you. :D I understand and fully support your decision about the blog, too, and I appreciate your "farewell" post very much. Someday I hope to come by to see you. In the meantime - enjoy it to the full!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, congratulations for getting the apprenticeship and your dream job!

    I've followed your endeavours though this blog since the historical sewing forum time and learned a lot so it's a bit sad that you have to go. But I'm looking forward to follow you on FB instead.

    I part of me envy you, just a little. I dream of working with costume in some way but the job openings in Sweden are even fever then in the states. But maybe some lucky day...

    Anyway I wish you and Fredrik all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warmest congratulations and best wishes to you! I know all too well all the feelings you have experienced and described, and what it is like to follow a dream for many years, and alone, and to never give up no matter the miseries and heartbreaks along the road.
    I am so happy for you~

    My husband and I are historical reenactors among other things, and spent our honeymoon at Williamsburg after an 18thc. wedding. We long to go back, and if ever so fortunate I shall be sure to stop in a M. Hunter's and bid you good day should you be about!
    Mary
    http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats...and best wishes for your apprenticeship.
    Lovely to see that you've been able to make your dream come true!

    Sabine

    P.S.: Thank you so much for introducing me to the "weird running whip stitch thingy" via your blogpost :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You shall be much missed, m'dear, but for very good reasons. CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you the best of luck and a wonderful next 7 years. It as an honor to get to meet you in Williamsburg, and I look forward to seeing you the next time I'm there :-) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm glad your hard work has paid off. I hope to see you working this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abby,
    A heartfelt congrats to you. I know of some of your trials and I am so, so glad that you were able to work through all the hardships to get to this place. Both you and the shop will benefit greatly from this marriage.
    I am glad you persisted with your dreams...because, speaking from 20+ years, I can tell you, not everyone succeeds in their dreams. I will tell you what my dad told me when I worked for the National park service at your age...."you are very lucky to enjoy the job you have. The majority of the population doesn't have that opportunity."

    Again, congratulations. You are one of the lucky ones (with a BOATLOAD of talent).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! The apprenticeship sounds like an amazing opportunity, and I am sure you'll do great.

    I'm going to miss this blog though. Thank you for the time you have put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and best wishes as you start a wonderful and exciting journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, congrats! I'm so thrilled for you! Permission to creepily drop by someday in the far future when I get to CW next and say hi?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting!!! Huge congratulations to you and best wishes for the future. It'll be sad to see no more Stay-ing Alive, but I'm following the FB now, so I'll see more of you there.

    Congratulations and best wishes again! X

    ReplyDelete